Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mr. Jablonski’s 5th/ 6th Grade Class

Banana bread

Hello there banana bread;
When I first saw you on the kitchen counter,
I knew I was in love!
When I tasted you
It was like heaven!
If I could,
I would love to taste you again!

-By Ashley Ballard


Salmon

I am the salmon.
I am as silver and as sleek as the moon.
I am like the survivor of millions.
I am as fast as the minnow in the creek.
I am the salmon.
I light the river like the sun lights the sky.
I can swim the earth and back again.
I am the salmon.

-By Megan Hanks


Lazy

He was so good at playing the guitar that the strings started burning into flames and his fingers too.

I didn’t do my homework because…..
I couldn’t find a pencil, I ran out of paper, my pen ran out of ink, my computer broke, I was busy playing videogames, the Governor excused me from doing it, I was helping my mom do the dishes, I was on a secret mission for the FBI, I had a sudden case of memory loss and most of all, I felt it wasn’t challenging enough!!!!
-By Deven Jacobs


The Tired Farmer

The raccoon was so fat it got stuck in the farmers cookie jar.

The fox was so mad that the raccoon got stuck. He went and asked for help from the farmer.

The farmer was so tired that he helped the raccoon out of the cookie jar and put the raccoon in bed with the farmer’s son.

When the raccoon and the son woke up, they were so scared that the raccoon pinched himself and the fox ran off with the cookie jar.

-By Jacob Ewers



My Old Town

I used to love when the sun rose from the tall Mountain View in the sky.

When I wake up in the morning I can smell the Fresh crisp sent coming from my window.

In the night sky I can see the brightness from the Gleaming stars.

When I walk by the bakery, I can just taste the Muffins cooking.

When I go see the creek above my house I can hear The running stream.

-By John Lompa


Foot Steps

I used to love sitting in the front steps on a nice summer evening, looking to the east down the gorge.

I would look at the flowers that had the hummingbirds sucking the nectar from them.

I used to love the sound of logs being dropped at the lumber mill.
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
And occasionally a train would whistle.
TOOT!
TOOT!
TOOT!
Getting further in the distance.

I used to love, I used to love.

I used to love swinging in the backyard and listening to Jose’s nice steady rhythmic beat on the drums,
Tagee Ta, Tagee Ta,
Or Craig bashing away
Boom Ta, Boom Ta Ta, Boom Sh Ta.

I used to love, I used to love.

I used to love walking around acting like I was the star of a movie, making up the plot as I went along, and getting quiet as people walked by.

I used to love, I used to love.
-By Juliet Knowles


Sisters

This is what happened today…
I bit my tongue
I saw a friend in May
Man my sisters are annoying

I bit my tongue
I skated today
My sisters are annoying
They sleep all day

I skated today
I picked on them all day
-By Matt Kreiter



My House

I used to love to play tag and baseball with my family. It was always so fun. Sometimes, we do still.
When I played by myself, I would play house.

There were a lot of animals by my house, like dogs, cats and even bunnies, and boy were they mean.

Sometimes when there were flowers in the yard, you could smell them from far away.

Then my mom would make dinner and I could smell it from my room.

-By Mallory Doty


Baking cookies

At grandmas house about eight years ago is where I learned to bake cookies.
“Hey grandma can I help you bake cookies?”
“Sure you can, I will teach you.”
She sat me on the counter and gave me a bowl. She put all the ingredients in the bowl, Gave me a spoon and told me to stir. I stirred it all up and she let me eat the left over’s on the spoon. I dropped little drops of cookie dough on a cooking pan.

-By Ashley Gross


The Love Grew

It all started when I lived in Hawaii. Oh, by the way I’m Austin. I have long blonde hair, green eyes. I’m in shape and tall. So where was I? Oh ya, I was on my way to Mlama market, while I was walking there I bumped into a beautiful girl named Brenna Bowin. She was sweet and funny, I gave her my number. That night I was texting her and then I got the guts to ask her to dinner, she said yes. The next day we went to a really fancy restaurant. On the way I ran into my ex, we said hello, then she tried to kiss me. Brenna started walking away, I ran to get her and started talking to her, and she gave me a nice kiss. We actually dated for six years. We got married and had a pretty little girl named Hannah. We lived happily ever after. It was every thing I could dream for, a life well spent!

-By Austin Flemming

untitled

One day I was in Madrid Colima, Mexico, and my cousin and I were eating some coconuts under a palm tree, but we were bored, even though the coconuts were delicious and the whole garden smelled so good that I felt like I was on a tropical island. We were a little bored, suddenly I heard a voice and it sounded like my dad’s and it was my dad. After that he got into the truck and called us and asked us if we wanted to come with him, so we did and suddenly we saw that the place we were going was where my dad’s friends were hunting iguanas.

-By Chava



That Tree

That tree in our backyard.
It swayed in the wind, but still stayed strong.
The bark felt as though someone had cut away years Of growing in some places.
The birds loved the berries on that tree.
Again and again, I looked for fairies in that nook Where the branches met.
I sat under that tree and the sun came in dappled Patches through the leaves.
Birds loved the berries on that tree
The tree in our back yard was big, huge even.
As huge as trees could seem when you were four.

-By Emily Wanner


Steak

Dear steak,
You are the juiciest babes I’ve ever seen. I like it when you wear marinade with cilantro, I like that…. One bite of you and the world slows down. Love hits me like a baseball to the face, and I feel like I can’t love you more. You look almost as spicy as baby back ribs… WHOOPS... I mean spicier. If I could I would love to have you for dinner tonight
Love Ya!


One Summer Day

One hot summer day my family was going to a lake that was behind our house. My mom and I were the last ones to go. We walked all the way there. When we got on our boat we went all the way to the middle of the lake. My mom jumped into the water. She was telling me to jump, I was too scared. Then I got the feeling that I could do it so I jumped in. There was a big splash. I felt proud of myself at that moment. After that I started swimming around the boat. It was time to go home so I got back on the boat. When we got home I fell asleep very proud of myself.

-By Jocelyn Estrada



Pizza

Hey baby,
I love your sauce and your pepperoni too.
I love your cheesy self,
And especially your stuffed crust.

-By Juan Sahagun


Double Fudge

Dear: double fudge brownie you are as yummy as yummy could be. You are the darkest brown in the world. You taste so milky and creamy and well duh you taste like …
CHOCOLATE!
I would be delighted to….
EAT YOU!

-By Mailisa Rose Macnally


Starting What You Can’t Finish

Rick was walking down the street to his Ferrari back from the market. As he got in the car he thought what should I do next? When he passed the music store he stopped and parked. When he walked into the store he saw a Gibson 1959 Les Paul on sale for $4,000 (after all he was a billionaire).
When he got back to his mansion, the first thing that he saw when he opened the front door was his girlfriend Carly sitting on the couch playing the guitar. They were in a band together. He was the lead guitar player and she was the rhythm guitar player.
That night for dinner they had Baby Back Ribs. Then, in the morning he went into his bank vault and saw that his 70 million dollars were gone. When he looked closer he found a note that said,

Dear Rick,
If you give us your girlfriend,
Your money will be returned.

“Get in the car Carly, we have some business to take care of,” said Rick in a strait voice.
“Where are we going?” she replied.
“You’ll see,” he said sternly.

-By Ford Huntington


My Ice Cream

Dear ice cream,
I would like to start by saying,
I LOVE YOU!
Your triple-fudge brownie scoops are like
Honey dipped in sugar.
Your vanilla is sweet and slow.
The sprinkles you add just for me outmatch any Rainbow.
I would love to eat you!
How about this Friday night?
And bring your whipped cream too.
-By Maks Moses


L.O.V.E.D

I used to love when me and my best friend, John Paul went to pick me up at my house.

After school I and he would go to the wedding site. We would play cars all the time.

It was so cool when I would hear the coyotes cry. I and he would play everyday.

We would be best friends forever.

-By Marcos Benitez


The New House

Where I come from is Seattle,
The sun came from the west.
I had a sucker fish,
A gold fish and other small fish.
We had a tire swing in our front yard,
It was grassy.
I don’t play with other kids that much,
I just sit alone.
But,
Sometimes play with my brother.

-By Sean W.








No comments:

Post a Comment